Monday 26 November 2012

Feast of St Catherine Labouré


We are keeping our parish feast day this Wednesday 28th November.  There will be Missa Cantata at 6pm (please note - anyone intending to come along, as it was originally advertised for 7pm) folllowed by a parish social evening.

St Catherine is a great saint to have as a parish patron because of her connection with the Miraculous Medal - there's a real focus for people to relate to by wearing the medal and giving it to others.  In fact, we offer a Mass of the Miraculous Medal for the feast day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...


How lovely, Father. Thank you for posting this - I have a Miraculous Medal and treasure it.

When I was ten my mother took me to the Rue Du Bac. I did not appreciate it much at the time - but do now!

Zephyrinus said...

A wonderful Post, Fr.

Thank you.

I wish you and all your Parishioners a very happy Feast Day on Wednesday.

domcyril said...

I am lucky enough to have a First Class Relic of Saint Catherine Laboure.

And was introduced to the Miraculous medal by a Pious Nun when I was five years old, tomorrow I shall be 45.